About Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc.
Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc. is dedicated to being North America’s favorite maker of salads and healthy fresh foods. Our “Taylor Family” includes nearly 12,000 team members who are passionate about making high quality, great tasting products for families across North America. As we continue to rapidly grow, we have a career opportunity available for a talented and motivated individual to join our Taylor Farms Florida team as a Production Manager located in Orlando, Florida.
About the Role
The Production Manager is responsible for both the quality and cost of all production at the facility. The Production Manager is expected to surpass budget regarding cost of product, labor goals, efficiency standards, as well as expectations for quality throughout production runs.
Having ultimate control over all direct labor in the plant, the Production Manager oversees via direct reports approximately seventy percent of the plantwide workforce. The Production Manager will need to work well with upstream departments (Sales and Procurement) and downstream departments (Warehouse and Single Unit Selection department), as well as support departments such as Quality Assurance and Maintenance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ability to mentor and develop production supervisors and leads in a promote-from-within environment
- Ability to grasp the production schedule iterations by product and production area. This includes the understanding of timing and input constraints as well as an ability to cycle finished goods to different production lines based on real time information and evaluation.
- Ability to line staff and labor plan to meet target and ensure on-time production
- Ability to disseminate metrics and KPIs to direct reports while also able to tailor the delivery of the information and follow up in different manners, depending upon audience and experience
- Leading by example mentality resulting in majority of time spent on the floor supporting direct reports and successful daily production allowing a culture of floor presence to thrive with direct reports and their next level of leadership below. The production manager will be expected and required to spend approximately seventy-five percent of their time directly on the floor.
- Ultimate responsibility for direct labor and a significant portion of indirect labor spend plantwide
- 3+ years’ experience in similar production and operational environment required
- Experience in production of short shelf life, perishable, value added-commissary production or like, is required
- Proven ability to develop talent required
- Experience in both a more automated as well as manual production environment is preferred
- Experience in a “make today, ship today” environment is preferred
- Experience in utilizing plant wide ERP system is required
- Experience in utilizing other plant wide scorekeeping and production methods is preferred
- Experience interacting with a tenured management group is preferred
- Verifiable experience and desire to maintain a “lead from the production floor” mindset is required
- Ability to grasp labor and production planning tools is required
- Bilingual is strongly preferred
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume via email to email@example.com. Please type the following in the subject line: Production Manager, Taylor Farms Florida